Get users talking in your product with top-notch chat features out-of-the-box. Great for internal communication, customer support, and more.
Let users see who's online working at the same time as them, and who's been there before with live cursors, avatars, last seen tooltips and more.
Easily keep users up-to-date, engaged, and in-context with custom notifications. We take care of pagination, badging logic, and real-time updates.
Comments & annotations
Shorten feedback loops with in-app commenting. Users can start discussions and leave feedback on videos, dashboards, documents, canvases, and more.
Integrated, In-App Chat
Start, manage, and track conversations anywhere in your product. Onboard customers, offer support, and help users find the information they need, when they need it.
Top-notch chat in a few lines of code. Typing indicators, formatting and markdown, file attachments, read receipts, and the ability to edit and delete messages.
- Easily connect Cord’s APIs to ChatGPT for an AI Assistant, or to Zendesk for a support channel
- Read and write message data to build unique messaging UI and other complex features on top of Cord’s components
- Analyze messages to inform your product roadmap, GTM strategy, and more
Creative collaboration requires context. Annotations give users a way to discuss specific elements, and keep track of discussions and decisions.
- Ensure comments are always displayed at the right place, at the right time, without cluttering the screen
- Automatically send screenshots to users when they’re @mentioned so it’s clear what’s being talked about
- Make it easy for users to invite their teams, reply in-line, add attachments, and react with emojis
Let users see who's online at the same time as them, and who’s viewed a particular page in the past. Show who’s working where and when to boost engagement and productivity.
Live typing indicators, live cursors, profile photos, and last visit tooltips bring different members of the team together to collaborate in real- time.
- Automatically pull profiles photos, user names, and other information from tools like Slack
- Customize avatars to fit natively in your product
- Track ephemeral and durable presence, and ensure low latency with Cord’s Presence API
Keep users updated and in-context. Alert users when someone replies to a thread, reacts to a message, or @mentions them, and use our REST API to trigger custom notifications.
Let users manage and archive notifications in-app, and use deep linking to reacting and responding quick and easy.
- Create a fully customizable notification system that works out-of-the-box. We take care of pagination, badging logic, and real-time updates.
- Use our APIs and webhooks to push notifications to a separate internal tool, or trigger a custom workflow in your app
- Integrate with Slack and email, and give your customers the power to customize their experience per-thread and per-platform
Collaborative features don’t have to feel like an add-on. Use CSS to set fonts, colors, and sizes and easily tweak small but important details so the UX feels 100% native.
We use Vanilla CSS to make every piece of Cord UI customizable and create a developer experience worth shouting about.
- Use our example library to re-create the commenting experience in Google Docs, Figma, or Notion
- Built with plain, vanilla CSS, so you can hack away to build the pixel-perfect experience for your app
- Want to mock-up a quick POC? Use our Figma template to see exactly how collaboration could fit into your product