tl;dr: Cord — a way to collaborate in any SaaS tool — is hiring its first Brand Designer. Come and join our friendly team of tech veterans, and shape how we tell our story to the world. We pay well and won't burn you out. Details below.
Who is Cord?
Cord is a small team of veteran engineers, designers, and product leaders from companies like Facebook, Google, and Oculus that brings the power of collaboration to every SaaS tool. We love working together in products like Figma and Notion, and believe the rest of the internet should feel like that: connected, collaborative, multiplayer. Single-player is so 2020 (and we all know how that turned out).
Founded by two early Facebook employees, we're extremely well funded and in a great position to bring our vision to life. In fact, the investors behind Slack, Notion, Figma, and Stripe are bought in on our mission to make collaboration at work more effective.
We're a friendly team of people who've done this before, and we're in it for the long haul. We want to foster a culture where you can work in a way that suits you, and create an opportunity for you to do the best work of your life.
What's the opportunity?
We're looking for our first Brand Designer to set the tone for how we tell our story to the world.
Cord will succeed or fail based on the quality of our users' experience, and their understanding of our brand, and as one of the founding members of this discipline, you'll be able to help us shape our approach and culture. This is something we're committed to investing in, enabling you to bring great ideas to life.
This role is ideal for someone with good agency experience wanting to join a tech company; or someone who is already in house but wants to go early stage, with all the opportunity and scope that brings.
What will you be doing?
Like all startup roles, there will be a huge mix of work. You might be planning out a wholesale redesign of our website one day, and designing an avatar the next. You're both steering at 30,000 feet, and sweeping the driveway.
- Be the gatekeeper for the Cord identity across every touchpoint — we’re looking for someone who we can trust to own everything related to our brand, and look and feel
- Lead the design for all of our public pages, including cord.com and our blog
- Work with marketing and product to come up with interesting ways of showcasing Cord to users and the world
Smaller, but important, things:
- Create a visual language for, and implement product demos, videos, gifs, etc
- Create ad-hoc marketing collateral (ads, social posts, promo for events, etc.)
- Be in charge of merch. We want to get our name out there, whilst creating things people actually want — not stuff destined for the landfill. For example our first batch is embroidered Marine Layer sweatshirts, the kind of thing we'd buy if we saw it in a shop.
What will you bring?
- Portfolio of web and digital design work
- Strong brand or graphic design background
- Ideally experience in, or working with, startups
- Experience with creating simple animations, loops, demos
- A desire to bring creativity to a technical environment
What can we offer you?
- A very competitive salary and early-stage stock options
- Private health and dental cover for you and dependents
- Unlimited holiday days
- A parent-friendly culture
- Whatever equipment you need
- What else? We're new, shape it with us!
Email email@example.com with a link to your portfolio to apply, or simply to ask questions and find out more.