Front End Developer
tl;dr: Cord — a way to collaborate in any SaaS tool — is hiring a front end dev to build Cord.com (this website!). Come and join our friendly team of tech veterans, and shape how we tell our story to the world. We pay well and won't burn you out. Details below.
We're building out our marketing function at Cord. We know that innovative marketing requires technical prowess. We're looking for a motivated junior developer to join our team to help us bring our product to the people who want it.
Your work will include:
- Implementing designs to pixel perfection
- Developing on top of the CMS we use to power Cord.com
- A smattering of operations (depending on your appetite!)
- Develop marketing emails and other types of content with an eye for design
- Working with our marketing team to build solutions to help them attract our future users and customers
- Contributing to a component-based React codebase
This isn't your average marketing developer role, however. Though your mission will be to deliver marketing content, you will be a part of our engineering team. You'll receive code review and mentorship from our senior engineers. Our engineering team is largely ex-Facebook/ex-Oculus and also includes coding bootcampers and people with no formal technical background at all.
We'll teach you everything you need to know (that you don't already know) to be successful in this role. This is absolutely a growth-oriented role where you could easily cross over into working in other areas of our codebase over time. We want to hire someone hungry to learn and grow. And we know that talented people deserve competitive pay.
- Vanilla JS (for now -- TypeScript is in the near future!)
- Sanity CMS/Studio
The role requires 27 years of experience, minimum. Just kidding. We don't care how many years of experience you have. What we're looking for is:
- CSS skills (flex box, responsive layouts in particular)
- An eye for pixel‑perfection
- Growth mindset and an eagerness to dive into new problems
- Experience with React
- Experience with Sanity CMS
- Experience doing basic DevOps